Friday, March 13, 2015

Family Feud

They always mean well, but your family will always have the biggest impact on you. They won't always agree with you on everything or approve of your decisions. Yet, we greatly take into account their opinions on all issues.

Parents are our biggest influence. They want you to succeed in everything you do. Some parents want you to succeed in what they want you to do, which is normal for parents to do. They want you to be better off then they were. But their dreams do not always match up with yours, which can cause a dispute. Just remember that they mean well and want the best for you. Explain to them that you are not seeing eye-to-eye. It is their job to love you and let you grow.

Siblings can be just as influential. They are your brothers and sisters, so it is their job to give you tough love. They will not sugar coat what you need to hear, but they will always be there to support you in your choices, no matter what. It is important to take what they have to say to heart, because they hate to see you upset.

Family are the only friends that will be there throughout your entire life. They want nothing more than to see you happy and successful. No matter how much they might bother, argue, or disagree with you, at the end of the day, they will love you for you.

"The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another’s desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together." -Erma Bombeck

7 comments:

  1. Families do have the biggest impact in shaping our lives. It's how we develope our morals because what we've been taught by our parents. I know I wouldn't be the person I am today without my dad's guidance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. My mom is my hero and is always the source of my motivation. Gotta love the rents!

      Delete
  2. Family has always meant so much to me. They are the reason behind all my successes and the reason I got through all my failures. I do argue and get frustrated with my parents sometimes and fight with my siblings, but at the end of the day I always remember how extremely fortunate I am to have a support system like them behind me 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say family is very important and always wished mine was a bit bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can really relate. My family probably wants to kill me sometimes but at the end of the day they all want what is best for me and they are all so amazing and I am truly in debt to my family and all that they have done for me and given me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very close to my family. I have 2 older sisters and there are eight years between each of us. I have learned a lot from my sisters, but since we all grew up in different decades it can be kind of hard to relate to them sometimes. Parents are huge influences and I feel sad for the people in this world who had/have to grow up without parental figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think my definition of family broadened greatly in college. I realized that family truly is the people you "do life with." Gene and I live two hours away from our families and our siblings, and we do love spending time with them. But, we don't really "do life" with our families. I have an incredible network of friends who I truly consider every bit as important as legit family members.

    ReplyDelete