Monday, April 13, 2015

Movie Vibes


Photo from http://www.thisweekinsarasota.com/2014/10/movie-review-st-vincent/

Over spring break, my family rented this movie called St. Vincent. After about 10 minutes into it, we all were already skeptical and wanted to give it a rest. But I made them power through, because I was the one who had paid for it.

The movie follows this young mom (Melissa McCarthy) and her son as they move in next door to a cranky old man (Bill Murray). The son ends up spending time with the neighbor, more than the mother would like, and together they encounter life's challenges. The pasts of these new neighbors will definitely surprise you. You don't want to miss this film.

I loved this movie because it shows that everyone has a past, but it is how you chose to take on the present and future with the knowledge you have learned that makes all the difference. The way you are really does affect all of those around you.

6 comments:

  1. I just saw this movie a few weeks back with a couple of friends and it was slow at first but developed into a great story about friendship! Another amazing Bill Murray film, I've always been a huge supporter of his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like me some Bill Murray, trailer seems decent enough. I'll try it out during the summer for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big Bill Murray fan, I actually saw this movie for the first time earlier this year and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had heard of this movie and watched the trailer. I really enjoyed the work that Melissa McCarthy and Bill Murray have done in the past. They are both incredible actors. I haven't gotten a chance to view this film yet but my Dad actually texted me earlier this month and told me how amazing it was. You don't know my Dad but if he likes a movie then you know that movie must be REALLY good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa McCarthy is so perfect. I haven't seen this movie, but now I want to go find it and watch!

    ReplyDelete