Friday, February 27, 2015

Dreams: Chase 'Em

Lately I have noticed lots of people downgrading others. People bashing on others hopes, dreams, and aspirations. It may come from your closest friend, parents, or a mentor, but the truth is they have no say in what you can and cannot do.

My mother has always told me to find a successful job that will make me plenty of money. She has made me into somebody I am proud to be. I do have goals and dreams to be successful enough in life that I can live comfortably and support my family. Although I have this mindset, I also believe that you should follow your dreams, no matter what they are. If you want to own a bakery, play professional baseball, or become an actress, then go for it! Who's to say that you cannot reach those goals? No one. If you put your heart and soul into something, you are so much more closer to reaching your goal. I know it is not as easy as it seems, but nothing in life worth having is easy. Although people will tell you it is a silly idea or it is not a reliable job, that just gives you a bigger reason to prove them wrong. No one has control over what you can and cannot do.

Personally, I dream of becoming rich, but not to live in a giant house or have 15 cars like many people would assume. I want to be able to travel the world with my family and expose my children to as much culture as possible to enrich their lives and create memories. I will make them work for anything they want themselves, because there is no point in handing someone whatever they want. Everyone has to work for what they want because that is the reality of life. Aside from becoming rich, I would also like to live in California, be a CEO, and breed Labrador puppies.

If you are going to follow your dreams, you have to give it your all. You will get no where if you just sit around, expecting things to be handed to you. You have to devote yourself to your dreams. Give them all of your blood, sweat, and tears and never let anyone tell you you cannot do something.

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." -Harriet Tubman

No comments:

Post a Comment