Thursday, February 19, 2015

Fall in Love with Yourself

The one thing that is almost always on someones mind: affection. If you are in a relationship or not, deep down you always crave attention from someone. But love cannot happen overnight through some social media site. So in the meantime, fall in love with yourself.

You get to spend the rest of your life with one person guaranteed: yourself. If you are not happy with every little imperfection and lovely detail of yourself, it is going to be miserable. It takes time to appreciate yourself, but it can be done. If you simply tell yourself at least three aspects you absolutely love about yourself everyday, over time you will see the beauty in everything else. And if you do not like something, strive to better it if that is what you want, but only if it is what you really desire and not what someone told you you should change. Only change yourself for you.

I have learned, especially over the past year, that people will judge you no matter what you do, wear, or say, so you might as well be yourself and be happy. There is no need to impress anyone who only likes you when you are pretending to be someone you are not. More often than not, people will envy your confidence and individuality. So there is no need to waste time trying to be something you are not, life is too short and unpredictable.

Do not pay attention to the negative things people are saying and appreciate the people who love everything you hate about yourself. See the beauty in others and your good deeds will reflect back on you. It sounds simple, but it will take time to love yourself completely.

"Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world." -Lucille Ball

4 comments:

  1. I've been taught growing up that the only person opinion that matters about you is your own. There is always gonna be people that want to tear you down but in reality they're just doing to try and bring you down to their level in hope you'll believe them. It's always in our best interest to stay confident about ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said!! Could not agree more. We will always be a little self-conscious, but we are only human. The most important thing is to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You get to spend the rest of your life with one person guaranteed: yourself." So very, very true. I think in my recent process of learning more about who I am I've started to love myself more than I ever have. I love my strengths and I'm becoming fond of my flaws as well because they make me... well ME! After all, you're unable to love another individual if you can't love yourself first so I'm already halfway there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and now I love myself a little bit more. Thank you for all this great advice I truly am enjoying reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete